Friday, February 01, 2008

The Change Agent

Looking for work means you have to dissect and analyze yourself in order to better understand your skills, weaknesses, desires, goals, et cetera. One thing I’ve realized about myself is that I’m a natural change agent. Every activity I joined voluntarily was to bring about some sort of change. I guess I ought to be running for President.

I joined the student government to make sure the proper changes were happening. I volunteered at El Proyecto del Barrio’s to affect positive change on urban youth. I left the student government because I concluded it was not a change making institution. I Founded the Political Activities Club to effect the kind of change I thought best. I started writing to influence people, change minds, and indirectly change things.

I guess I’ll need to look into an industry that is all about making change. Two examples that come to mind are grassroots politics and management consulting. Are there others?

No comments: