Life has stages: from being a baby, to becoming an elderly person, and everything in between. Some of us can also go through phases. Some people have years in which they rebel, there is the classical mid-life crisis, and plenty of other phases.
Personally I would like to be more experimental. Though I’m not crazy enough to do outrageous or dangerous stuff I would like to do things I have not done before. This can range from listening to different music to making different friends.
Aoba, a person I met recently, invited me to go to a techno club that is supposed to be one of the hottest in
The line to the club was long but luckily Aoba purchased tickets in advance so we got in easily. The club is divided into the main dance floor, a smoking room, and I believe (though I did not see it) a smaller—more intimate—dance room. The main dance floor was awesome. The first thing you notice is the exotic dancers who occupied parts of the stage, cages up high, and the disco ball hanging—I believe that helps people go into a deeper trance. Of course there were a lot of people and you can imagine the dance floor.
I spent the first thirty minutes observing, then the music took over. For the next three hours—with a couple of breaks—I was jumping, swerving, bending, gliding, and waving. I let the music move my body which ever way it was destined to go at that precise moment.
For my anti-structurist friends this form of dancing is an example of pure rebellion. Unlike other dancing forms this has no rules. The only rule is you do what the fuck you want, except interfere with another person’s space. Though you occasionally do interfere with another person’s space—bumping, stepping, or rubbing—but that is an acceptable and understood part of the activity. Additionally, for those people who don’t know how to dance this atmosphere is perfect.
Will I do this again? I don’t know but I’m glad I did it.
No comments:
Post a Comment