Friday, February 22, 2008

virtual career fair with alumwire

A week ago I got an e-mail from Alumwire announcing their upcoming virtual career fair. Up until that moment I was a member of Alumwire for about a year but not very active. I attended the virtual career fair not knowing what to expect. During the event I got exclusive and extensive time, attention, and information from recruiters representing two of the most dominant management consulting firms in the world: McKinsey and Accenture. The recruiters patiently answered all of my questions, reviewed my resume, and opened themselves up for future inquiries. Additionally, because of the chat room structure of the career fair I was able to view the other job seekers. I introduced myself to the other job seekers; we exchanged information and promised to help each other in finding professional work.

During my conversation with a recruiter Scott Hayes, Alumwire employee, sent me a message asking me if everything was ok. This was very helpful (and good timing) because the recruiter did not know how to retrieve my resume from the site. I told Scott the problem and he helped the recruiter retrieve my resume.

They say networking is a necessary component for success. This experience expanded my network to a few recruiters of blue chip corporations, highly accomplished job seekers, all without leaving my home.

I had such a delightful experience that I became a more active user of Alumwire. I updated my page and will continue to use this amazing site.

P.S

If anyone has a lead for a business analyst position please contact me at asgedomf@gmail.com or asgedomf@berkeley.edu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.